Reasons to Buy a Yacht
Some of the benfits of owning a yacht. This list is not comprehensive, but only a starting point for looking at good reasons for buying a yacht.
- To impress a chick. If your yacht is big enough you could even impress multiple chicks at the same time.
- Just to prove that you can. Some people think is only a good motivation for youth recently freed from the nest-strings. Depending on how controlling your rich, overbearing parents were, you can potentially use this justification for the rest of you life.
- To [over]compensate for ___________________ (you fill in the blank—just about anything can go here).
- To achieve status. Money alone cannot convey status. Come to think of it, a yacht alone does not grant status, better buy two yachts.
- To show your riches. If you aren’t rich enough to afford a yacht, be richer.
- To command the crew aboard your yacht. After all, this may be the closest you’ll ever come to your dream of being a pirate.
- To prove your masculinity. Yachts are one of the few types of boats not associated with the Navy (ie the Village People, ie rainbow sailors.)
- To have a means to access international waters. Sick of being bound by the laws of the land? Well in international waters, just about anything goes.
- To show everyone else that you are better than they are. Tired of just thinking that you are better than everyone else? With a yacht you can prove that you are better!
- Now you can start all your stories, "When I was out on my yacht..."
- To have the perfect environment to listen to your favorite song, "Sail Away, Sail Away, Sail Away," by Enya.
- A yacht will be the perfect place to shoot your debut rap video.
- Owning a yacht gives off a sense of dignity and respectability. This will help cover up all those unspeakable acts you have committed.
Baker’s Dozen is a list of a dozen things on a given topic. Each edition of the Baker’s Dozen is dedicated to an individual by the name of Baker.
This Week's Baker
Tammy Faye Baker
Aspiring Yacht Owner.
Happy Thanksgiving Turkey Maze
November 22, 2012
Baby hanging Station
August 4, 2012
Justin Bieber Should Be Your Attourney
May 10, 2012
420 Designs or h2o Designs
March 31, 2012
Book Review: I Hate You, Kelly Donahue
February 11, 2012
Advice for Rich Brazilians
December 17, 2011
October 26, 2011
Book Review: When Parents Text: So Much Said, So Little Understood
September 2, 2011
Book Review: The Little Black Book of Big Red Flags
June 25, 2011
Obama V Osama
May 16, 2011
May 11, 2011
Pink Bullets by the Shins
April 12, 2011